Saturday, August 22, 2009

Evening out with my son Andrew

Tonight Andrew and I went out to see a play together "Foreigner" at the Limelight Theater here in St. Augustine. It was so nice to be with him.

He is so grown up, sometimes I have such amazement that he is almost sixteen. I remember sixteen, it was the year that I first attended school in the United States. Andrew and I both share the love of the theater. When I was sixteen I got involved in the school plays at my first high school in New Jersey. From that time till today I still have the bug as they call it, once theater gets in your bones it really sticks. Andrew feels the same way as I do, he can't wait to be in his next play. Sometimes I think about participating again myself.

The play was very entertaining and we both laughed alot. I attented college originally to be an actress, but I really couldn't cut all the competition. Andrew has alot more confidence on the stage than I did. One time I remember shaking so bad, the book I was to drop stood straight up. Everyone was so shocked. I don't remember anything, I was too nervous.

I have gotten the kids a lot of old musicals to watch, and they both enjoy them. We also own all the Lucy episodes and they get a kick out of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment