Monday, September 14, 2009

THE VALUE OF JOURNALING

Ever since I was a kid in England I have kept journals. My first journals were those with that little lock and key. Everything felt so important when we were thirteen. Over the years my journals have changed. At first they were filled with all my emotions and angers and frustration. And lets not forget boys. But now they are more about my dreams and my kids, and just basically coping with my fears.
Journaling has been a life line for me, a best friend. Someone I could confide in without anyone holding it against me. Kind of like a dog that never talks, yet brings so much comfort.

Its rare for a day to go by without me wanting to write. I always recommend to my clients that they start journaling. It is very powerful. It allows you to get rid of the stuff that is circulating in your mind over and over. It is great therapy. Most people don't realize how empowering it can be to express themselves on paper. If you are worried about others reading your journals, keep it with you.

Try it, you'll love it!.

Maybe you have a book in you and don't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment