Wednesday, October 7, 2009

DEALING WITH COMPUTERS

I think one of the most spiritual challenging things we face in todays age is the computer. Boy do we love it when it is doing what we need. We are able to stay in touch with people, do our work and write that wonderful book. But when it lets us down, it really challenges us to be patient and to find other ways. Kind of like dealing with small children or our teenagers.

On Monday my son's computer decided not to work, it isn't very old and was still under warranty. Little did we know that the warranty entailed giving our computer to Best Buy for two to three weeks. Sure I'm lucky its still under warranty, but two to three weeks!

So we drudgingly pulled out our laptop, Andrew connected it to the monitor and he is able to work on his virtual school assignments.

But now today, I asked him to burn me some CD's and make inserts for my CD's and his CD/DVD track is not working. So there again the computer does not cooperate. But to get upset serves no purpose, I called a friend and she suggested getting it done at a printing place.

So that's what I did for the time being. Its not easy when we become reliant on something or someone else to do what we need done. Nobody sees it the way we do. Even our computers.

I guess its time to go for a walk and have back up plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment