Thursday, January 14, 2010

Following my dreams

Where did my dreams begin? When I was young I was a very independent girl. I was raised in England and I would travel 90 minutes to and fro to get to my school in the height of London. I took two trains and a bus to get to Camden Town from my home town.
There was never any fear or concern in those days. We are fearless in those days.
I think over time, and many boyfriends later, we become more stifled in our lives, we allow others to tell us who we are and what we should do and be.
Others always think they know what is good for us.
But only we know what we want in our hearts.
Nobody else can decide that for us.
Girls grow up believing that all they should want is to get married and have kids.
That is not for everyone. Boys grow up being told that they should want high powered jobs and be rich to take care of those girls. This is also not right.
Everyone is an individual.
Some people's dreams are to be a homemaker and they should follow that, but some people's dreams are different, like mine.
People come into this world for different reasons and we all need to examine ourselves on a deeper level to see what our dreams really are.
Do we want to paint? Do we want to write?
What truly makes us happy?

I love to speak and help others, this is what gives me the greatest happiness.
Its important to find our deeper mission in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment